The tourism market is constantly changing. Therefore, to capture customer needs and develop a strategy, businesses need to find a new approach. One of the best ways is to track and understand their behavior. With three modules including 17 indicators from the Vietnam Travel Market Tracker (VTMT) solution, businesses can clearly see the picture of the Vietnamese tourism market. How do travelers change in travel behavior and psychology during the year? This big question will be thoroughly answered by VTMT.
The first module of the Vietnam Travel Market Tracker solution will tell you about the identity (demographics and lifestyle) of Vietnamese tourists. It consists of 2 main indicators:
– Age: One of the factors to ensure the survey sample is quality and representative enough. Outbox selects respondents in different age groups divided by X, Y, Z genes. In addition, generation grouping will help users understand and compare specifically the differences of each age group or the travel behavior of a particular group.
– Purpose of the trip: This helps businesses define their customer segments more clearly when capturing their target group, whether it’s travel for leisure or business.
Businesses, specifically the sales department, can apply the second module and make specific strategies. Traveler behavior is reflected in indicators that track travel journeys as well as shape their consumption characteristics through:
– Destination: Businesses will know the top domestic and foreign destinations of Vietnamese tourists in each period.
– Factors affecting destination choice: Show that Vietnamese tourists choose a destination because of cost, beautiful scenery, rich cuisine or any other reason.
– Type of trip: Answer the question whether tourists prefer self-guided trips or tour packages.
– Travel company/brand: This helps travel businesses know their position in the mind of customers compared to other competitors.
– Planning time: Knowing when many people plan to travel will help businesses predict and prepare products/services ready.
– Information source: Travel website, travel blog or forum, family, friends, colleagues,… This will help businesses know what is the most popular information source to apply in their business strategy or product promotion.
– Booking channel: What is the service channel chosen by tourists amongst suppliers, travel agents or OTA (online travel agencies).
– Duration of the trip: This factor helps businesses design products suitable for customers who want a day trip, short- or long-term journey.
– Favorite activities at the destination: Adding or developing the destination’s strengths with activities that match tourist interests will leave a good impression and review.
– Type of accommodation: Visitors of all ages will generally prefer different types of accommodation. For example, gen X favors mid- to high-end resorts or hotels, while gen Z favors homestays and budget hotels.
– Budget: How much are they willing to pay on average for a trip? Understanding this, businesses can design and price their products and services better.
– Type of payment: Cash, credit cards, ATM cards, e-wallets, and more. Businesses rely on this result to boost the popular payment methods so that the payment goes smoothly. The customer experience of the service channel will also increase.
Advertising – Connect – Satisfaction
The last module answers the question “What do tourists like?.” Businesses will understand their psychology when they choose and purchase tourism products and services. The indicators measured by VTMT include:
– Communication channels: After the trip, on which channels do visitors share their experiences: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, blog,…? Businesses can increase interaction with customers via these platforms to build and boost brand identification.
– Satisfaction: This indicator helps a lot in the next strategy of the business to continuously improve their satisfaction.
– Net promoter score: This is also an indicator to measure customer loyalty when they decide to come back or suggest this destination to friends and family.
With all above indicators, VTMT is a solution that clearly shows a tourist profile from who they are, how they travel and how to connect with them during 4 quarters in a year.